Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Marfy

My Marfy patterns are here! I ordered two through the Vogue Patterns site and they were shipped from Italy in a small brown envelope. Each set of pattern pieces is nicely folded into a small rectangle and is labeled with a sticker. No seam allowances or hems included, I love that. It means the edge of the pattern is exactly the seam line and I can see the shapes in actual size instead of something visually enlarged by excessive seam allowances everywhere.


I didn't expect them so soon. My head is full of a "yeans" project at the moment. Yeans, hah, yoga pant jeans. Can I make pull on jeans that don't look like nursing home wear? If they look like these "clean jeans" I'll be ok. I made one test pair, they are a bit tight but I gave them a trial run yesterday in public. I hope I didn't offend anyone. The test "yeans" are shockingly comfortable. We'll see how it goes.

The sewing machines have been busy, five pairs of yoga pants, four long sleeved tees, one tank top, and one sweatshirt type thing, plus a few repairs and alterations. Only two of the yoga pants were for me so don't think that my closet is filling up with all these things.