Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Look 6704

Project in progress, a basic shirt from New Look, reviewed many times at Pattern Review. I made a muslin of this many moons ago. Not sure why it became a UFO but now it's back in action with a fine cotton sateen that came from Gorgeous Fabrics, also many moons ago. The fabric is such a pleasure to work with. Lots of careful topstitching...and of course some careful unstitching of seam, serge finish, and topstitch when I sewed the right front yoke to the left front bottom and the same with the left. I didn't even notice until it was time for the front band, then I thought, wow, that neckline looks funny and oh, look at the armscye! No problem, it's fixed now.

I borrowed long sleeves from OOP New Look 6705, which is so OOP that they have a new pattern with the same number now. The sleeve is boringly plain, I'll have to think of something for a cuff. And then there are buttons. Of course nothing in my button stash suits which means I need to go to a store, something that will have to wait until the mud and potholes from the snow in our dirt road have calmed down enough for me to drive my small car.