Saturday, May 15, 2010

More testing

Two more KwikSew jackets muslined.

The boyfriend blazer muslin looks just like the pattern photo and I think it is a good update from the 1990's broader shoulder version. There is no collar stand which is a little disappointing but that makes the collar somewhat less fiddly to sew. There are separate upper and lower collar (bias cut) pattern pieces. A lining is included. This should be a fun project.


The biker jacket muslin ended up fitting and looking exactly like the white jacket on the pattern envelope, somewhat roomy and boxy. I like the pattern, everything is proportioned well and it sews up easily but I want more shape. After pinning out some width and length in the bust area for my shape, curving in the side seams, and pinning darts in the back I think it looks very promising. I'll have to think about this one some.

My flesh pink muslin fabric is almost used up, waaahhh! I have enough for one more jacket. Maybe I should just keep going and muslin 3623.


Update: Made a muslin of this double breasted jacket. Not my style really, but a good casual jacket style. Now I'm out of muslin fabric. Time to choose my next project.